Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

What else can I do

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What else can I do

I have a 2006 with a 4.6 that won't idle, it will run if you keep the rpms above about 1000. I've repalced the EGR, MAF, TPS, crank sensor and computer and it still won't idle. What else can I do?
Old 02-07-2008, 11:07 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

What did the dealer say?
Old 02-07-2008, 11:10 PM

They just told me today that the computer didn't fix it. So now they are going to start tracing wires to see if there is a pinched or cut wire somewhere.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:57 PM
MSchneid

Do they still have the problem with carbon build up around the throttle body? It used to be an easy fix with some spray fuel injector cleaner and a rag, clean around the throttle body opening.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mschneid
Do they still have the problem with carbon build up around the throttle body? It used to be an easy fix with some spray fuel injector cleaner and a rag, clean around the throttle body opening.
That was one of the first things they checked and everything was clean.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:43 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I say check for a vacuum leak around the intake. Make sure the EGR passages are not plugged up in the upper part of the intake.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:28 PM

Well I talked to the service dept this afternoon and they said that they are going to replace the MAF again. They said that they pulled the air intake tube off and it ran like nothing was wrong put it back on and it kept dieing. They're hoping that the first MAF they put on was bad, so I'll keep my fingers crossed
Old 02-14-2008, 10:50 PM
hummmmm

Good luck, let us know how it goes..
Old 02-27-2008, 11:52 PM

Just to keep everyone updated. It's been almost a month now that my truck has been in the shop, and it seems like it's had just about everything but the steering wheel replaced. When I talked to them this afternoon they said they got it fixed and that they don't want to see that damn thing again. After all the things they replaced it ended up being a bad connection in the MAF sensor, just glad I wasn't paying for it! That's the good news, now for the not so good news. I can only assume that it was some F-ing punk kids, but someone thought it would be funny to shoot some of the vehicles in the parking lot with a BB gun. I got pretty lucky I guess, I only had one spot on my tailgate, some of the others got it a lot worse. Luckily for me the body shop I worked at when I was in high school (and is still good place to get away from the wife and enjoy a cold beer on the weekend) told me that they could fix it for me tomorrow and would only charge for the paint, and a 30 pack of Bud Light . The best part is they went to Ford and got the tailgate for me and will have it ready for me on saturday so I will never even see the dent.