Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

Transmission issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 10:17 AM
Da Dog Whisperer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Transmission issues

Hi all,
I have a 2013 F150 XLT with the 3.5 EB SCrew pickup with 23,000 miles on it. Last week I was leaving a friends business, it was about 50 outside and the truck had sat for about 3 hours after I had driven it for a good hour so it was warmed up. I backed up about 50 feet, put it in drive and pressed the gas. It started to move but not very quickly, I applied a little more gas and the RPM were around 2500 but I wasn't going any more than 10 mph. Checking other things the gear indicator was showing I was in 5th gear. I stopped and backed up about 100' by letting it idle as i was on a slight grade. I put it back in drive and the indicator went from 1 to 2 within a second. I tried M and it acted the same. I tried 1 and it again seemed to immediately shift into 2nd gear. I let it sit and idle for a minute or so and then it started to work normally. This morning, temp was 20 I left the house normally, stopped at the end of my street about 300-400 yards, turned right, traveled about 1/4 mile then went to make a turn onto a street from a hiway. I didn't have to stop completely, just wait for a few cars to pass. i started to turn and again extremely slow movement. i looked and the gear indicator was completely white indicating that no gear was selected. There was a moderate bang and then it started to move normally.

I'm going to take it to the dealer to have it looked at, I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what was found. It is always good to go in with as much info as you can get.

Thank You
Old 02-22-2016, 03:32 PM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you get your truck figured out? Mine has been acting the same way off and on for the past few weeks, waiting on a appointment to get it in. Curious what was done or replaced. 2012 5.0

Quick Reply: Transmission issues