Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

Thanks all!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks all!!!!

ok i found the fixes to the problems i was having! replaced the oil pan gasket (never want to do that again!) also i had a knock from the bottom end and i found that one of the nuts for the rod bearing cap had come compleatly off! had to reinstall (with plenty of locktight) now that baby purrs like a kitten video soon to follow!!!! thank you all for the help and knowledge yall have been a great asset in correcting the issues at hand and were very quick with the answers to my questions! this has turned out to be one of the best forums that i have been to and everybody is doing a great job keep up the good work guys and i look forward to giving assistance any way i can!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:37 AM
Retired Aerospace

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Happiness is a sound F150:

Originally Posted by silencebe4thestorm
ok i found the fixes to the problems i was having! replaced the oil pan gasket (never want to do that again!) also i had a knock from the bottom end and i found that one of the nuts for the rod bearing cap had come compleatly off! had to reinstall (with plenty of locktight) now that baby purrs like a kitten video soon to follow!!!! thank you all for the help and knowledge yall have been a great asset in correcting the issues at hand and were very quick with the answers to my questions! this has turned out to be one of the best forums that i have been to and everybody is doing a great job keep up the good work guys and i look forward to giving assistance any way i can!
Holy cow! Count your blessings that the rod with the cap held by only one fastener didn't let go and blow a hole through the block!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea no kiddin it almost made me crap myself when i saw it! i am so glad i did not just "deal with it" or "drive it around till it gets better its normal durring engine breakin" Those two quotes came from 2 guys at work. i have to much into this thing to just drive it around till i makes that hole in the block lol but really guys thanks for all the help!