Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

Sullivan Intake Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 11:06 PM
11C Mortars Are Hung

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sullivan Intake Manifold

I want to put a Sullivan Intake Manifold on my 5.4L and want to know if it will be a worth while purchase.. I have done some research, but haven't satisfied myself with it yet.. any personal experiences with this manifold would help.. thank you

I have a S&B intake system and a 80MM throttle body, and a smaller crank pully
Old 12-01-2009, 11:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

A lot of money for no hp gain.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:07 AM

I wouldn't say NO power gain. with the right mods it is worth it...but a sullivan only works with 32v heads...
Old 12-15-2009, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by NeverEnuff
I wouldn't say NO power gain. with the right mods it is worth it...but a sullivan only works with 32v heads...
I did not know that they were 32v only. Hmmmm.
http://www.sullivanperformance.com/y...old/intake.htm
Old 12-17-2009, 07:11 PM
OVERTHINKER

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

It's really designed for a Mustang
Old 12-18-2009, 09:15 AM

^ They never put a 5.4 in a mustang that I knew of...so why are there 5.4 versions of the Sullivan????

Except the 2000 R...and I wouldn't put a sullivan on that over the stock intake which kicks mucho ***...

The sullivan is a great intake for ppl that wany to achieve high flow at high rpm or someone looking for short runner length to spray a large nitrous shot or someone who can make up for length of runners with boost. Like I said...when used in the correcto combo, it is worth it.

If I had the money and not flat broke right now, Id throw a 5.4 4V in my 04 F150, with a sullivan and twins...but I want GOBs of TQ with this thing, and a longer runner length would prove more benfitial to me than shorter.

I had/have this manifold on my 4.6 builds, and when I was TT, I still made 540ft lbs of tq with it. And that was with box stock 03 Aviator heads and bone stock Sullivan intake manifold...put that same combo on a 5.4 and the TQ numbers will increase...
Old 12-18-2009, 10:32 AM

I saw your thread om MR, nice little truck.
I'm browsing for a Navi engine, but they are very pricey around here.
Have you seen anyone rework the stock Navi intake? I have only seen pictures of one and not in person yet.
I would think that the lower plenum would need to stay to get these heavy beasts moving?
Old 12-18-2009, 02:39 PM
11C Mortars Are Hung

im probably going to just put a whipple on it anyways.. I was going to sts turbo it with the sullivan intake manifold but.. eh.. simpler and more reliable with a supercharger..
cheers
Old 12-18-2009, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by ONELOWF
I saw your thread om MR, nice little truck.
I'm browsing for a Navi engine, but they are very pricey around here.
Have you seen anyone rework the stock Navi intake? I have only seen pictures of one and not in person yet.
I would think that the lower plenum would need to stay to get these heavy beasts moving?
Honestly. I have never seen a worked Navi intake...but honestly, I wouldn't do it. The more air speed you can have down low the better and more TQ you will have. Start hogging out intakes and heads and you will need more volume and air to get it going...which will move your RPM band up, and it MAY give you more TQ in the end...but not where truck guys need it.

This is why I plan on staying completely stock...save for MAYBE a 5.4 swap and a turbo...and VERY small turbo...something that runs out up top...give me LOTS of TQ and no HP...

Thanks. I like the truck too.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by RA Kid
im probably going to just put a whipple on it anyways.. I was going to sts turbo it with the sullivan intake manifold but.. eh.. simpler and more reliable with a supercharger..
cheers

Ehh...along with more heat. And TQ/HP loss with turning the blower. DOn't get me wrong...I LOVE the sound of a TS blower...but turbos are all around better...save for the awesomeness of TQ at idle! lol.

I am mainly going turbo cause its cheap for me to find a ebay turbo and build my own kit VS a KB or Whipple setup...plus...look at all the diesels...don't see TS blowers on them, do ya.

Quick Reply: Sullivan Intake Manifold