Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

Still got crappy milage

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 05:06 PM

Received 104 Likes on 101 Posts
Default Still got crappy milage

I posted a thread a while bad about only getting 10-11 mpg and we all came to a conclusion that is was just winter gas that was causing the bad mpg. Well it still hasn't gotten any better and I'm pretty sure that it isn't winter gas. I don't have any CELs or any engine trouble codes, but my ABS light is on because the mosfet in the ABS controlor burnt up, so I just pulled the fuse. Other than that there is no issues with the engine or trans at all (that I know of). I just replaced all of my vacuum lines so I know there is no vacuum leak. Oil gets changed every 3,000 miles and the engine runs extremely smooth and quite. What do you think the issue could be? I think one of my cats might be clogged? I had a bad over heat due to a cracked intake manifold last year and maybe it melted a cat? How much would a tune help the MPG? I was planning on getting some new tires next month (bumping up to 285s for looks and highway mpg gains). But I can't afford them and a tuner.

O yeah some times I smell raw gas, but only on the drivers side. And this isn't every time I drive.

Quick Reply: Still got crappy milage