Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

Royal purple: Purple ICE

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal purple: Purple ICE

http://www.royalpurple.com/radiator-additive.html

Anyone run this in their trucks or cars? I have heard good thing about it, but only know 1 person that has used it so far with great results.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Retired Aerospace

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Good Product, but Not Unique:

Redline makes a similar product as does the supplier of a similar product for Wal-Mart. I use the Wal-Mart product in both my vehicles to augment long-life coolant. I have used the Redline product for the same reason. I don't see a specific change in performance, but I have enough confidence in the manufacturers' and their claims to be comfortable with the promises.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:16 PM

it does make a difference.. it will run cooler and u wont have to worry about it getting hot wen you romp on it, driving or sitting at a red light in serious heat... the redline one is called ''water wetter''...if you have a aftermarket temp gauge you can see the actual amount of difference..average is about 15-20 degrees cooler.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:24 PM

stupid question, on the 07 I don't remembers seeing a radaitor cap? Do I just dump it into the coolant bottle?
Old 08-31-2009, 08:03 PM
Retired Aerospace

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Here's What I Did:

With the engine cold remove the pressure cap from the coolant overflow tank, then open the radiator drain **** and let about a quart of coolant run out. Then pull the vent hose between the radiator tank and the coolant overflow tank at the overflow tank. Squeeze the top radiator hose firmly and hold, then insert the end of the vent hose into the ICE container and release the grip on the hose. The vacuum created by squeezing and releasing the radiator hose will draw the ICE into the radiator tank. Top off with additional coolant as required.

There are alternative ways to get the ICE into the radiator; a little experimentation will have you finding the way. For example: Drain about a gallon of coolant out of the radiator. Save it. Pull the top radiator hose at the radiator and dump the ICE into the radiator at the hose connection. Poor as much of the drained coolant as you can back into the radiator until it begins to over flow, replace the hose and top off at the coolant tank.

Last edited by Kattumaram; 08-31-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:12 AM
November 2009 TOTM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i have never used the coolant but i have run the 'royal purple" oil in my truck since i bought it brand new. truck runs great now even 10 years later.

Quick Reply: Royal purple: Purple ICE