Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

Remote oil filter adaptor 1998 F150 4.6l

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 12:28 PM
shade tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Remote oil filter adaptor 1998 F150 4.6l

My 98 F150 4x4 manual transmission with vin code 6 has a remote oil filter application. Due to the need to replace the bottom radiator hose and remote oil line adaptor becaues of damage, i went to the local dealership and ordered the part, in the manual it showed the repair parts diagram and it looked liked the piece. When the part came in it was for the oil filter to mount on the adaptor and eliminate the remote parts. The parts clerk said that it was now the replacement part because of rework or an ECP.
Question is this the new configuration
Old 07-22-2008, 04:47 PM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Go to Summit Racing a purchase an after market remote oil filter kit, they are very easy to install. The example below just screws into where the original filter is mounted, from it you run your tubing from it to your present oil filter mount.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Attached Images  
Old 07-22-2008, 07:50 PM
shade tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Transmaster, I think I have been mislead by the parts expert, The part fits the engine but comes with additional problems, like the pressure sending unit now has interference and will require a 45 degree angle fitting to alow the use of the sending unit, the filter will screw on but with my large hands its a tight fit. I think I will have another discussion tomorrow with my parts expert at the Ford dealership.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:15 AM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is where is pays to get a complete Ford Factory manual set. One of the volumes is a part catalog with all of the parts numbers for your truck. I have found especially with older vehicles is lazy parts department people will tell you a part is not available because they where too lazy to look up the parts number if it isn't listed in their computer D bases. They don't want to page through their paper catalogs. More then once I have gone in with the parts number for a specific part, first I asked them for the part and they told me it was not available. Then I gave them the actual part number and guess what they did have it in stock.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:40 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the part changed from late 97 to early 98 production years, and my truck is a 98 with the remote oil filter also.

just go in and tell them you ned the parts for a 97, or check out your local junkyard.

your parts guy might be trying to get you the "revised" 98 parts, but shoudl still be able to get you the 97 parts.

Quick Reply: Remote oil filter adaptor 1998 F150 4.6l