Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

P0711 code this morning..

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 05:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default P0711 code this morning..

..on my way home from work. Limited to 3rd gear. Luckily I was able to turn around and bring it inside to warm up.. minus 20 this morning.
P0711 is for trans temp range/performance. I didn't have my code reader at work so I disconnected the battery for a bit, it reset, and I got home.

This is the first issue I've had, it was cold, but I had no problems last year down to -40.

I inspected the electrical connector to the transmission, no leaks and pins looked clean. Funny, I had just watched a video on the 6r80 because I was planning for a filter change...so I knew where the connector was...

Any troubleshooting info or experiences with this would be much appreciated.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:47 PM

oops...
It's a 2011, STX, 4x4..
Old 11-15-2014, 07:51 PM

I checked the fluid level when I got to work, it was at the bottom of the crosshatch area. I think it's okay, I could hold my hand on the tranny so it wasn't all that hot. Forgot we have one of those IR temp readers at work so I'll check the temp tonight.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:30 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff_e
..on my way home from work. Limited to 3rd gear. Luckily I was able to turn around and bring it inside to warm up.. minus 20 this morning.
P0711 is for trans temp range/performance. I didn't have my code reader at work so I disconnected the battery for a bit, it reset, and I got home.

This is the first issue I've had, it was cold, but I had no problems last year down to -40.

I inspected the electrical connector to the transmission, no leaks and pins looked clean. Funny, I had just watched a video on the 6r80 because I was planning for a filter change...so I knew where the connector was...

Any troubleshooting info or experiences with this would be much appreciated.
oops...
It's a 2011, STX, 4x4..
I checked the fluid level when I got to work, it was at the bottom of the crosshatch area. I think it's okay, I could hold my hand on the tranny so it wasn't all that hot. Forgot we have one of those IR temp readers at work so I'll check the temp tonight.
Please keep us posted, jeff_e! I'm here to help; I suggest reaching out to your local dealer (you can do so here) to schedule an appointment for diagnosis. I most certainly don't want you stuck out in the cold again! Please let me know how it goes, and send along current mileage as well.

Brittany

Quick Reply: P0711 code this morning..