Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

One piece oil pan gasket for 5.o

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default One piece oil pan gasket for 5.o

Does anyone know if and where i can get my hands on a one pieace oil pan gasket for a 91 5.0. I have a three inch body lift and i believe i may be able to get the motor high enough to pull the pan off.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:58 AM

The one piece gasket available from Ford is the best.They used to be around $35.00 ,but I think they may have gone up some.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:47 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

You don't even have to take the pan all the way off. Just make sure the little metal inserts in the stock gasket don't fall into the pan. I love to do those years. Slide one out slide the other one in. I use the Felpro gasket because it comes with 4 studs to hold the gasket in place while putting the pan back up.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:35 PM

i need to change my oil pan gasket but ive been putting it off because after looking at a service manual it says that you have to pull the motor on my truck is that true or can you change the gasket w/ out pulling the motor
Old 12-20-2007, 09:00 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jake_evans351
i need to change my oil pan gasket but ive been putting it off because after looking at a service manual it says that you have to pull the motor on my truck is that true or can you change the gasket w/ out pulling the motor
Like I stated above, if it has a neoprene gasket on it there is no need to lift the engine. Drop the pan down remove the old gasket and slip the new gasket in.

Quick Reply: One piece oil pan gasket for 5.o