Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

Newbie Q's: 3.15 Regular Axle... Buy or Pass?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 02:35 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Exclamation Newbie Q's: 3.15 Regular Axle... Buy or Pass?

Hi everyone

I'm almost a 2013 F150 FX2 Appearance package owner.
I'm supposed to get my truck tomorrow but I'm still undecided mostly on the differential.

First of all I have 2 options to chose from [Pictures included]

1. FX2 with 3.15 regular axle
2. FX4 with 3.55 [not sure if it has a locking diff. but has the tow package]
The only thing i don't like are those big *** towing side mirrors.

The price difference is $2,688 between them
I know about the 4x4's holding it's resale value more but like many of us these days I'm on a tight budget and $50 a month difference helps.

Would like to know from you guys if the 3.15 is even a choice or not.
I'm a musician and this will be used as a daily driver and haul around 600lbs of musical equipment during the weekends; Plus I don't do any off road.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations

regards,
Charles
Attached Thumbnails Newbie Q's: 3.15 Regular Axle... Buy or Pass?-img_1796.jpg   Newbie Q's: 3.15 Regular Axle... Buy or Pass?-img_1799.jpg  

Last edited by Mastersonics; 07-19-2013 at 03:05 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:07 PM

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

If you are only using it to haul your gear around with no off roading, then the Fx2 would be great for you. What size engine are you looking at? As far as resale value, the F150 supercrews tend to be selling like hotcakes especially the used ones. I have a 04 Lariat SCrew and just this week I've had 4 offers to sell it. Even with 196500 miles on it I was getting offers in the 12000 range. People want to be able to haul their families and also be able to load everything in the back as well. I say to them, why do you think I got one? Are you getting a 5.5 bed or a 6.5 bed? But, one thing I would look at on e the Fx2 is to see if they offer one with a Limited Slip, but if you're not one to hot dog, or jump off a line quick then the regular axle will suit your needs.

Quick Reply: Newbie Q's: 3.15 Regular Axle... Buy or Pass?