Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

Need some tuning help

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 06:12 PM

Received 104 Likes on 101 Posts
Default Need some tuning help

Does anyone know of a company that will do custom tunes for a 04 expedition with the 4.6? MPT won't touch it, 5 star doesn't recognize the computer strategy, no local shops tune Ford, even reached out to Bama and they can't. Only Need it tuned to program out PATs, it's giving me hell. About 4 months ago we were getting random crank no start issues so I disconnected the pats override part of the remote start (aftermarket avital) and the issue went away for about 2 months. Then it would randomly have a crank no start issue but would start after the key is cycled. Well a couple weeks ago it stopped starting all together. The fuel pump isn't turning on so I'm 95% sure it's PATs related. All the fuses are good, pulled the fuse box apart to check the fuel pump relay (r303) and its good too. The only thing I didn't check is for voltage at the fuel pump or shut off switch. I can't find access to the shut off switch connector for testing, so what the best way to get to that? I replaced the ignition immobilizer (part that goes around the ignition to read the key) and that didn't help. Then I thought maybe the part of the wires in the connector to the immobilizer got cut or corroded some how so I replaced that connector, Still no Start. I got a B2103 and a B1681, but I didn't pick up these codes until after I replaced the immobilizer and plug (I think I tried to start it with them disconnected). I cleared those out and havnt got another code but I havnt screwed with it much since then. I don't see any cut or burnt wiring either. So do any of yall no a company or individual that can tune out this pats system for me? I know it can be turned off because I had mpt turn it off in my 2000 f150. Thanks guys.