Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

Missing, Wont idle, Dies at a stop HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing, Wont idle, Dies at a stop HELP!!!

I have an 02 Police Interceptor Vic engine in my f150
with the low plastic. Had to splice some wires and mod some things but got it working for a few months. Now it misses like crazy and will hardly stay running and cannot idle. If I put new spark plugs in, it will run GREAT for about 3 days than start missing and running like crap. I guess it is fouling them.

It also almost dies when i come to a quick stop revs drop and lights dim. IAC? EGR?

There is a small leak in the EGR tube but i had it patched and it still did the same thing.

I just have no idea why it is doing this. Could the EGR foul plugs, I already cleaned it. I guess i will just have to change every sensor in that truck to figure it out.

I will accept any and all help that is given. Thanks VERY MUCH
Old 09-15-2009, 11:27 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Plugs fouling could be internal engine problems, need to determine what kind of fouling, oil is bad, just plain wet from fuel or lack of spark is easier. Would deffinately focus on plugs first, if engine is south and is causing idle issues, well need not say more.

If plug inspection reveals no great issue than look into the IAC, vacuum leaks, or EGR remaining open during the quick stops.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

clean the IAC and make sure the vacuum line from the pcv valve to the back of the intake manifold is not collapsed or leaking.

Quick Reply: Missing, Wont idle, Dies at a stop HELP!!!