Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

lightning vs harley

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 10:24 PM
F-150 Minion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lightning vs harley

i have a question guys...a friend of mine called me today and offered me a GREAT deal on a 2002 lightning so i asked what the catch was and he mentioned it was salvage titled and it was broadsided at one point with minimal damage to the passenger side door which has been since repaired and the original engine had been swapped for a newer harley davidson edition f-150 engine that was in great condition. It has always been a dream of mine to own a lightning but i was wondering what the differences were between the harley and original lightning engine? any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance guys.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It is the same engine. The HD has a black intake plenum, the L is gray, and the L has two more psi of boost by way of a smaller s/c pulley.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:30 AM

I don't know about the engine but I'd be somewhat leery of anything with a salvage title. Minor damage to the passenger side door would likely not be enough to total out a truck. I'd personally want to see a copy of the repair invoice to make sure what was exactly damaged.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:26 PM
F-150 Minion

the original engine was swapped out for a 99 engine with some extra stuff for racing purposes but it was totaled and swapped out again for the original along with a whole new front end, chassis and everything else was fine...i meant damage to the passenger side door after all this but anyways, thanks for the info guys. i had my mechanic check it out and he thinks its a steal! a salvage title doesnt even matter cuz i wont ever be selling it!

Quick Reply: lightning vs harley