Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

Intake manifold leaking

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Big Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Intake manifold leaking

Ok, so after a long weekend without my truck and the service department telling me they're gonna replace my intake manifold gasket and #7 spark plug and a ignition coil, they call me today and tell me that the intake manifold is leaking also. Gonna have to wait til tomorrow to get another one and hopefully it'll be ready by then. Is this common for anyone else, I thought the manifolds lasted a long time. It's a 2007 4.6 V8 Thanks for any input!
Old 11-17-2013, 09:51 PM
tko
TKO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default anti-freeze in plug well,fouling coil-plugs

Have the same engine,and yr. truck,and same problem, found that the gasket was inferior,and continually had to pull coil and dry it with a rag, used a wet vac to get access water out of plug well, removed sparkplug then dryed plug off, added some conductive grease (bulb) grease,replace everything,drove a little finding that it temporarily fixed the problem, cleared the codes with a OBDII reader, made to Florida and back to N.C. (3) times ,before I threw another code for a different plug ,same side 5-8, this is only a temporary fix until you can get a new intake manifold gasket installed.
,found that replacing the intake manifold gasket was'nt that hard to replace.fixed and running great now,DIY,save yourself the money,Hope this helped some.

Last edited by tko; 11-17-2013 at 09:57 PM. Reason: bad speeling

Quick Reply: Intake manifold leaking