Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

ignition coil woes

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ignition coil woes

im lookin for someone that may have a ignition coil layin around here in san antonio my king rach just got a case of the hiccups and I wanna be sure its the coil and not an injector 2005 5.4l
Old 02-18-2009, 07:06 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

If you know what cylinder is miss firing, move the coil to another cylinder and see if it moves or stays the same. Am questioning how you know which cylinder?
Old 02-19-2009, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well after the rough idle I began the process of elimination took me to unplugging each harness one at a time it took me two tries to find the culprit the number one cylinder I then removed the spark-plug and inspected it put everything back together and had advanced auto scan the codes ( the scanner actually said cylinder 1 engine missfire bad coil ) after that I went home swapped 1 with 2 drove it a while had advance auto scan it again and got both 1 and 2 codes along with a replace o2 sensor because the engine was running rich, called around for the coil the only store that had 1 was Napa $70 bucks picked it up installed it and reset the codes and the King Ranch is growling again there is a slight skip at idle im guessing that its the 02 sensor so this morning I'm gonna clean the sensor with some brake cleaner and see if that solves my problem it

Last edited by toneytigger; 02-19-2009 at 07:40 AM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: ignition coil woes