Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

Gryphon programmer questions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gryphon programmer questions.

So i was researching what programmer i wanted to get and thoght I had narrowed it down to the Hypertech Power Programmer and an Edge programmer, but then I stumbled upon the Gryphon programmers. I dont quite understand them tho. Do you purchase the Gryphon and then have to have them custom program it for your truck b4 you can use it? or is it like others where you can do it your self. If you have to have them custom tune it, do they do it once and then your able to then fool around with performance ang mpg savings and shifting and all that or do you have to send it in everytime you want to change something or add something else on. My truck is stock as it sits now, but i eventually wanna do headers and exhaust and a throttle body spacer, and an intake etc, but wanted to get a programmer first. thanks for any info..
Old 11-23-2009, 02:29 AM
Upper Middle Class

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

https://www.f150forum.com/members/azfx4-12730/
talk to that guy.... he has a gryphon programmer on his truck
Old 11-23-2009, 05:25 AM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

First. Gryphon is a REBADGED Edge. Gryphon has different firmware that can hold custom tunes.

You can buy the Gryphon, which is basically the same price as an Edge and use it like that. Or you can buy it and have custom tunes for your truck. They make them personalized, ONLY for your truck. Elevation, highway, city driving. Everything is put into them. If your truck is STOCK no mods to motor or exhaust you can run the Gryphon how it is without custom tunes, but once you get motor mods and exhaust mods you want to get custom tunes made. You have up to 1 year after the custom tunes are made to have changes made if you get other aftermarket mods.

That's all I can think of right now. If you have any other questions let me know.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:08 AM

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nunchakyo
So i was researching what programmer i wanted to get and thoght I had narrowed it down to the Hypertech Power Programmer and an Edge programmer, but then I stumbled upon the Gryphon programmers. I dont quite understand them tho. Do you purchase the Gryphon and then have to have them custom program it for your truck b4 you can use it? or is it like others where you can do it your self. If you have to have them custom tune it, do they do it once and then your able to then fool around with performance ang mpg savings and shifting and all that or do you have to send it in everytime you want to change something or add something else on. My truck is stock as it sits now, but i eventually wanna do headers and exhaust and a throttle body spacer, and an intake etc, but wanted to get a programmer first. thanks for any info..
http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...php/Index.html

Yes, the Gryphon is a re-badged Edge, but it when it's available (there isn't a Gryphon for the 2009/2010, but it's supposed to be available soon) it will come with custom tunes from PHP.

The F150 OL board has a lot of good information. http://www.f150online.com/forums/chi...rogramming-34/

PHP also has their own forum.
http://dygytalworld.ehost-services139.com/forums/

One nice feature of the Gryphon is that PH can create custom tunes that you will download from their site using Pegasus software. So even if you add a mod later, you can get your custom tune updated with the new mod. I think each new tune is $60.

Last edited by shotgun; 11-23-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:19 AM

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nunchakyo
My truck is stock as it sits now, but i eventually wanna do headers and exhaust and a throttle body spacer, and an intake etc, but wanted to get a programmer first. thanks for any info..
From everything I've read, don't waste your money on the throttle body spacer.

Depending on the year, there might be a much cheaper alternative to the CAI (Gotts mod).

Quick Reply: Gryphon programmer questions.