Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

F150 Ecoboost Coils ?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F150 Ecoboost Coils ?!?!

sorry about first post think i had the wrong section

hey guys now just to start off i did alittle bit of research and got tons of mixed oppinions so really do not know. i have a 2011 ford f150 ecoboost FX4 truck , i have been having huge amount of heistation problems and such on it. the dealer has changed the intercool and 4 out of 6 coils and plugs on vehicle. now i still have alittle shutter at high RPM and the stocks coil seem to really suck. so well im at it im wondering if you guys recommend any aftermarket performance coils that will be better. ive seen accel makes coil packs but no other company? do you guys happen to know if these are any good ? or if there are any other ones out there. i will give u a list of current mods and let me know

2011 ford FX4 Ecoboost
AFE stage 2 intake
Full magnaflow SS exhaust dual system with Resonator cut out
KL5A full Train horn Set
2 " summit racing front leveling kit
34" Falken Wild Peak OWL tires
Busherwacker extend a fender
Old 12-11-2013, 09:50 AM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Are you tuned? The DBW and shift points from the factory suck! Does it pop on hard acceleration?
Old 12-11-2013, 10:17 AM

no shakes under high RPM near 5000 + and when i tow it has more of one, i can feel it missing but ford doesnt want to touch my truck any more as there sick of fixing my coils i had to start a complaint to main office for them to just reinbers me for the last coil which just went. seems these coils really suck, and when they do go they arc so bad it ends up hitting a factory ground and puts truck in limp mode. i just want better coils. and no to the tuner part im looking at getting a really good tuner though probably to
Old 12-12-2013, 09:45 AM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by cockerchrisjoe
no shakes under high RPM near 5000 + and when i tow it has more of one, i can feel it missing but ford doesnt want to touch my truck any more as there sick of fixing my coils i had to start a complaint to main office for them to just reinbers me for the last coil which just went. seems these coils really suck, and when they do go they arc so bad it ends up hitting a factory ground and puts truck in limp mode. i just want better coils. and no to the tuner part im looking at getting a really good tuner though probably to
PM me. I can put you in touch with someone who is better suited to answer your questions?
Old 12-13-2013, 09:41 AM

sounds good ill give him a call

Quick Reply: F150 Ecoboost Coils ?!?!