Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

Engine Nightmare is it the Knock Sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 01:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Engine Nightmare is it the Knock Sensors?

Ok I am stumped.. I cant move forward on any mods to my truck until I get the engine issue under control. I replaced the Motor 5.4 in June of 2012 at the dealer(extended warranty) and ever since then its been wacky. I have a 2006 F150 Super Crew King Ranch. 1 year after I replace the engine it just lost its ummph seemed like there was no torque. No check engine light, no warning, nothing. 6 months later the engine starts making a ticking noise and I hooked up a scanner to see the timing, which was all over the place. Still no engine light. I take it to the dealer and they told me it was the cam phasers. They replace the phasers, guides, and chains(under warranty) then they called me an told me its still making a ticking noise. They took all the lifters and replaced them, still nothing. Then then told me there replacing my passenger side head(still under warranty) and then finally told me the noise went away. He said the lifters weren't making contact with the rockers? Any was I finally got the truck back and it still has no power and the check engine light is on. Im taking it to another dealership on Monday but though maybe someone knew something they didn't? I am getting code P0330

Quick Reply: Engine Nightmare is it the Knock Sensors?