Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

engine miss

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 10:52 PM
swartzy07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine miss

ok so heres the story, i have a 92 f150 5L 302, i ran in to some starting issues so i replaced the spark plugs, ignition control modual, oil, and fuel filter... after that the truck ran great after that it had the odd stall but i didnt think much of it, about 2 weeks ago i decided to seafoam the truck so i burned as much gas as i could without going dry then filled the tank half full with premium gas and put half the seafoam in the vaccum system and half in the gas tank like it says to, after that it ran even better... i drove it for a bout a hour then parked it and didnt touch it for a few days... about 3 days later i went to start it and it started but the engine was missing.. i then shut it off and started it again obviously it was still missing but i let it idol and the rpms slowly started to drop until it died then tried to start it again and it wouldnt start.. it didnt sound like it wasent even trying to catch.. i let it sit for a few days tried again and it started but its still missing with low rpms... can anybody help?
Old 03-17-2011, 03:08 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Should have sea foamed it before you put new plugs in......hows the fuel filter...sea foam can kill plugs
Old 04-09-2011, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bobkyle2 is correct. I think thats the only problem. Locate which cylinder is missing and only replace that plug.

Quick Reply: engine miss