Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

any upgrade suggestions for my truck....

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb any upgrade suggestions for my truck....

hey guys im new to the f150 forum and new to trucks. well i owned a ranger once but that was years ago. anyway i needed a truck so had to buy one and decided to go old school just cause it had the 302 5.0l engine just like the mustang. Now that I mention mustang I had a couple of questions. I want to build my engine but I dont want to go crazy and buy all aftermarket parts. What I want to do is what they call junk yard swopping. I guess they call it that due to it haveing differnt parts from different cars to build it stronger. Anyway I did want to know if any of the mustang 302 5.0L parts are compadible with the engine I have now. My main concern is the intake and the throttle body. I wanted to swop out the intake that it has now for the mustang intake and change out the throttle body for a bigger one from 50 resto. I've also seen shorty headers and long tube headers cheap for sale for a mustang but not sure if their fit the truck. These are things I would like to know before I jump on it because one thing I do hate is to have everything apart and then parts dont fit. Just needed some guidance and how it can affect me in the long run. Any Ideas??
Old 12-25-2007, 11:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the forums and nice truck, the only mods i have so far to my engine are a single flowmaster super 40 and a K&N 57 series intake and the compliment each other well, the intake made a HUGE difference for me in throttle response and acceleration and i have not had a chance to check the gas mileage yet, a nice set of headers, an exhaust, and intake would be the best way to start
Old 01-02-2008, 02:42 PM
'05 B3 Lariat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definetly intake. I have volant with a full Magna setup. Sounds awesome, and gets better mileage (1-2) than it did stock.

Quick Reply: any upgrade suggestions for my truck....