Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

'99 manual tranny swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 12:27 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default '99 manual tranny swap

I just picked up the truck and I'm certain the tranny issue it has is terminal. When loading I up the truck would drive forward when in reverse. It also had to be revved high to move, like it has a super high stall. Also the straw that broke the camels back was when I got it on the trailor it pissed 1/4-1/2 a quart of ATF out of the bellhousing. I'm going to do a bit more investigation, but if I have to replace the tranny (98.9% sure on that) I'd like to swap to a manual tranny. There are a few issues I'm looking at in regards to that. The first is the pedal assembly. I'm having trouble finding one for a manual. I plan to use universal hydro clutch pedal from summit. I can fabricate it to make it work, but will I have to have a clutch pedal sensor for the ECM to function correctly? If so will the wire harness have this plug? Will my manual T-case from the auto bolt up? It appears to use the same one from what I can tell. Do they use the same driveshaft length? And lastly what about wiring to the tranny? Is it all interchangable?

Quick Reply: '99 manual tranny swap