Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

5.0 woes

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.0 woes

Hey guys I tried to search for this problem already but I could not find my exact issue. Also I am on mobile so excuse any spellin g issues.
Anyways I have a 2012 150 with a 5.0. A month ago I was moving my camper down to a campsite in North dakota (we are Canadian). The truck pulled fine all the way down but after we unhooked and filled up with gas at a crappy little gas station the truck started shaking at idle. And the ecl came on. We scanned it at a shop and it came up Missfire cylinder 8. We left the camper at a friends just on our side of the border and drove the truck home. It has been in and out of the shop for the last month we have changed, coil , plug, injector, maf sensor and harness. We have compression tested it. We have moved coils and plugs around. It is always on 8. Now lately the engine light has been blinking and I'm not sure where to go from here. Any other ideas? It goes to a different shop in a week but they have no more ideas. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:20 PM

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Did you find your answer? 2 things that I did not see on your list were swapping fuel injectors on 8 and checking fuel signal and spark signal on 8. I'm assuming you swapped plug. I've seen this issue on a camry after crappy gas stuck the injector.

Quick Reply: 5.0 woes