Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

2014 Ecoboost with a poor shift tranny.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Ecoboost with a poor shift tranny.

Hello all ,

New owner of a 2014 Ecoboost F 150 screwcab XTR with 8000 miles or around 12000 km . Auto tranny. The tranny seems to not to shift in town well at times. It seems to buck between 3rd and 4th. But the kicker is when the truck is cold, like first thing in the morning. I will back into my driveway, when I pull it into drive , and idle out to the street. As soon as I give the truck a little fuel, the tranny bucks, when the power is given to the torque convertor. It feels like the convertor is snapping when the power is coming on. But after it warms up it seems to not do it anymore.

Anyone having tranny shift problems?

Thanks guys...
Old 10-04-2014, 08:50 PM
Found On Road Dominating

Received 187 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by mluckhardt
Hello all , New owner of a 2014 Ecoboost F 150 screwcab XTR with 8000 miles or around 12000 km . Auto tranny. The tranny seems to not to shift in town well at times. It seems to buck between 3rd and 4th. But the kicker is when the truck is cold, like first thing in the morning. I will back into my driveway, when I pull it into drive , and idle out to the street. As soon as I give the truck a little fuel, the tranny bucks, when the power is given to the torque convertor. It feels like the convertor is snapping when the power is coming on. But after it warms up it seems to not do it anymore. Anyone having tranny shift problems? Thanks guys...
if you have an iPad or iPhone try entering your vech info into an app called Auto MD. It's free and will give you all TSBs and Recalls no VIN to input so it's in generality terms I think. I used it for a transmission solenoid issue that I was having that ford could not find. Also this Forum is a great resource so start a search. Sorry might need to do some reading. Good luck.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:39 PM
Found On Road Dominating

Received 187 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by mluckhardt
Hello all , New owner of a 2014 Ecoboost F 150 screwcab XTR with 8000 miles or around 12000 km . Auto tranny. The tranny seems to not to shift in town well at times. It seems to buck between 3rd and 4th. But the kicker is when the truck is cold, like first thing in the morning. I will back into my driveway, when I pull it into drive , and idle out to the street. As soon as I give the truck a little fuel, the tranny bucks, when the power is given to the torque convertor. It feels like the convertor is snapping when the power is coming on. But after it warms up it seems to not do it anymore. Anyone having tranny shift problems? Thanks guys...
13-1-10 was the TSB for 2012-2013 F150. Could ask the dealer if the PCM is calibrated to the latest calibration. Good luck.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like the TSB is 'only' for the 5.0L, but my '13 EcoBoost does the same thing. I'm going to stop by the dealer after work and ask them if there is an update for the EBs as well.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:23 PM

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

My 2012 Eco feels like you get hit in the rear when it shifts up to second when idling along. Can't make it repeat when you want to, so Ford service says nothing wrong. They reflashed it performing the TSB, but it hasn't helped. It still does it.
Someone told me these trannys were a tried and true deal, but I can't believe they do this kind of shifting and no one says anything about it for years.

D
Old 04-07-2015, 02:50 AM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I had the same issue on a 2010 F150 Platinum 4x4 with the 5.4l 6sp i same issues. i had it in the shop couple of times they flash. It seems to get better when they update it again.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:56 AM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by dkellow
I had the same issue on a 2010 F150 Platinum 4x4 with the 5.4l 6sp i same issues. i had it in the shop couple of times they flash. It seems to get better when they update it again.
I'm glad to hear that the concern improves with the flash, dkellow; are you experiencing the issue currently? Please let me know if you are, and the current mileage on your truck as well. I'm happy to help!

Brittany
Old 04-08-2015, 03:55 AM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

No longer have the truck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Ecoboost with a poor shift tranny.