Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

2012 5.0 SCrew 2-3 cold shift issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2012 5.0 SCrew 2-3 cold shift issue

Don't know if there is anyone else experiencing the issue with a very hard skipped missed don't know the right term for it 2-3 shift int he mornings.

It happens especially when it is colder out. First gear will shift into second fairly hard then the 2-3 shift is violent. Almost like third is trying to engage before 2nd lets go, there is a bang and the truck will lurch forward, hard enough to knock the top off your coffee cup in the cup holder...

I had my truck into the dealer in December of 13, they said it was a TSB and they flashed it and put some lube in my pinion while I was there for an unrelated TSB. A week later it was doing the same thing.

I took it back and this time they told me there was a broken part in the transmission that they would need to pull the transmission and replace it but it was back ordered and would be a week or 10 days. I said that's fine and wen't on my way expecting a call....

I've had to make three calls to my service adviser and each time they say the same thing now. They don't know when the part is going to be available, they are going to check with their managers and get back to me.

After waiting more than a week on two occasions to call back for an update I elevated my calls to the service manager.

Now the service manager does call me back and lets me know that he is aware of the issue but that he can't fix the problem because the part is back ordered and there is an engineering problem that they are working out. So I know nothing other than I have a two year old truck with 50K miles on it that beats the crap out of me every morning when I start to drive.

Anyone else part of this problem?

Quick Reply: 2012 5.0 SCrew 2-3 cold shift issue