Topic Sponsor
5.4L Discuss the 5.4L here.

"Limp Mode" engine light blinking on dash

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Limp Mode" engine light blinking on dash

I just bought a 2007 King Ranch F-150 and had it 2 days when upon towing first time my horse trailer, the truck went into "limp mode" with the engine light blinking on the dash. Motor runs rough, A/C stops blowing cold air, won't go but 45-50 miles an hour...(read about this in the owners manual)....took it back to dealer and he had for week gave me nice loaner, replaced the "coil for the spark plugs" was told. Took off on the freeway with the truck and it immediately did the same thing.....dang mechanic must not have test driven the truck after "fixed"....dealer was most apologetic and said would definitely fix...be patient(after driving 78 miles one way to get the truck....wasted better part of 2 days....we are moving and must be out of our place by 1 AUG....Have talked to other 5.4 engine owners and several have suggested that someone may have put in after market computer part. Owner's manual says that "limp mode" is to save the motor from overheating, but temp gauge is not showing overheating...engine does not smell hot or feel hot.

Anybody got a suggestion?? John T in Jasper, Texas moving from New Waverly, Texas.....bought truck at AutoNation of Katy on I-10
Old 08-12-2015, 01:08 PM
Some guy

Received 2,021 Likes on 1,284 Posts

Miles??

Quick Reply: "Limp Mode" engine light blinking on dash