Topic Sponsor
5.4L Discuss the 5.4L here.

driving me crazy!

Old 04-10-2016, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default driving me crazy!

I have a 2004 FX4 5.4L . I recently had the plugs changed and then the problems started. I changed the coils with OEM from Ford. Driving at highway speed 65. and all of a sudden it starts missing. All the gauges are fine and the temp gauge is below half way and check engine light comes on. After a few minutes and slowing down to about 55 light goes off. I come back to the garage and they check the PCM and the engine code is P1289. So we take off the intake and replace the Cylinder Temperature sensor. Put everything back, check all the plug ins and lines. Crank it up, drive down the highway about 3 miles and it starts missing again, goes into limp mode, oh I forgot the temperature gauge pegs out on the hot side. Trick is the engine is not hot!!! While coasting down the highway, shift into neutral, turn key off, restart engine, temp gauge goes back to less than half way, engine goes back to missing about 3 miles back.
I have changed the Cylinderhead temp sensor, coils twice, plugs twice and still have the same problem.
Can anyone help????? PLEASE!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2016, 04:57 PM
Cycle For Fun and Health

Received 495 Likes on 384 Posts

Possibly, this may help:

https://www.f150forum.com/f12/2008-f...-issues-86976/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: driving me crazy!