Topic Sponsor
4.6L 2V Discuss the 2 valve 4.6L here.

Yet another clacking noise!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 07:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Yet another clacking noise!

Hi all! I replaced my head gasket and #2 piston earlier this summer. I started having the clacking on the passenger side at cold start right away, and tried several things including pulling the oil stem thing, checked all the sparkplugs, then replaced the exhaust manifold and new gaskets with a thin coating of ultra copper just to be safe (this was after swapping gaskets 3 times just because) then I replaced the lash adjusters on that side checking all the cam followers , then I checked the plugs again, then i pulled all the cam followers again. Im still getting the sound, its lasting longer now, and seems to be doing it more while im accelerating now. I have great oil flow (you should see the inside of my engine bay!argh) ive listened all over the place, Im getting soooooo fed up! Anyone have any other things that I should check while i have it opened up yet again?
Old 11-17-2016, 11:06 AM

Old 01-12-2017, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did you find? Was it the timing chain components?
Old 01-12-2017, 07:12 PM

Haven't found anything really. Dont think it is timing components because of where its coming from. I kinda gave up chasing it. Told the wife Im just going to run it till it blows up I guess. Not the right answer, but oh well