Topic Sponsor
4.6L 2V Discuss the 2 valve 4.6L here.

Engine Referb/swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 12:17 PM

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Engine Referb/swap

I know there has been many posts about engine swaps but they seem to drive me to more questions than answers. I have a 2004 F-150 heritage with a 4.6L/281 V8 (engine and transmission) that was wrecked and the only damage that I can tell was done is the top of the intake manifold was crushed in and broken and driver side valve cover broken. I want to refurbish this engine so I can install it into my 2003 F-150 of the same engine (engine and transmission).
So I am looking at trying to take this opportunity to rebuild and improve the engine before I do the swap. I am trying to keep the price reasonable in replacing the intake manifold, maybe coil packs and plugs, exhaust little better intake. So far I did find an edelbrock complete intake (a victor jr) but now I can only find just the manifold. Anyway I was planning on also replacing the alternator (130amp) and adding 2 flow masters (super 44) but if there is anything else any of you would suggest please let me know. Looking to keep it around +/- $1000.

Also I have seen conflicting reports on these forums and others as to which VIN means you have a windsor or a romeo but I can say that both VINs have a W in the 8th digit and the 10th digit is either a 4 or a 3, sooo....... idk. I have been assuming I have a windsor for both trucks but one tag says made in USA and other says made in Canada. Clarification? maybe both engines made in same plant but trucks assembled in different plants?

So long post short. I have 2 engines, would like to confirm they are the same (have brother checking valve cover bolts now)(second engine not at house with truck) and would like some suggestions on where to look for slightly upgraded parts and keeping it around +/- $1000. any suggestions.

Thanks

So far I have found these

Flowmaster Super 44
Coil Packs
Intake Manifold
Alternator
Old 12-02-2016, 05:41 PM

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Good talk