Topic Sponsor
4.2L Discuss the tried and true 4.2L.

1999 4.2 OHV cam sync gear question

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 4.2 OHV cam sync gear question

im rebuilding my first engine due to some spun rod bearings. it seems the bottom end got oil starved and/or coolant in the oil. one thing i noticed when i started tearing it all apart was that the cam synchronizer that also drives the oil pump, the gear on it was all chewed up. and also the gear that drives it (the one on the end of the camshaft) is also all chewed up. now i can find and replace the cam synchronizer which has a brand new gear on it. my problem/question is i cannot find out what the gear on the end of the camshaft is called. im not talking about the timing gear on the camshaft that goes with the timing chain. its the gear in front of it that drives the cam synchronizer gear. can anyone direct me in the right direction as to what to call that part or where to order it. ive been trying for about a week now with no luck. thanks in advance
Old 03-19-2015, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cam synchro gear

OEM part number for that gear is F7ZZ6255AA. Got mine off eBay for 53 bucks with free shipping. Dealer wanted 66 not included shipping. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: 1999 4.2 OHV cam sync gear question