Topic Sponsor
3.5L EcoBoost Engine Discuss the 3.5L EcoBoost engine.

Tranny not shifting

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 03:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Tranny not shifting

I was pulling my boat the other day, tranny in drive with tow haul engaged. I had to get across a highway in a hurry so stepped on it a little. The tranny would not shift out of first gear so I backed off and and accelerated again and it still wouldn't shift out of first. I did this a couple more times and finally I had to come to almost a complete stop and start over and it finally shifted normally. Again it was in Drive and not manual also I did not lock it in first with the toggle. Any Ideas on what happened.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know when you have tow/haul engaged and you "floor it" sometimes it takes awhile for it to shift, just keep it on and it will eventually shift, or you can turn tow/haul off and it will shift.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks, I found that out as it crept over 5000 rpm. I talked to dealer and of course they said it was normal. I think it thought I was going up hill and not shifting and when I let off thinking I was going down hill and using the lower gear for breaking. Like I said it only does it when getting on it hard. Just seemed strange as my other tow/ haul trucks never did that that I can remember

Quick Reply: Tranny not shifting