Topic Sponsor
3.5L EcoBoost Engine Discuss the 3.5L EcoBoost engine.

Getting irritated with transmission

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 01:03 AM

Received 185 Likes on 115 Posts

Default Getting irritated with transmission

I have been having several issues with my 2014 Ecoboost with less than 16k miles on it. In 12/2014 I started having issues with the moan coming from the truck whenever I put it into park. Sometimes if would only last a few seconds, other times over a minute. If I bumped the accelerator, it stopped. I took it to my local dealer and of course they could not duplicate. I kept driving it.

Last month (with warmer weather) the moan went away. This was replaced with the truck starting to hesitate. The best way to explain it is driving a manual and slowly letting off the clutch. Earlier this month, I took it to the selling dealer and they were able to duplicate. They said that there was a TSB and they ordered the parts. My service record shows they replaced the transmission pump under TSB 14-0217.

Now that problem is gone and a new one. When the truck is cold (60-70 outside), it is real jerky when it shifts. Imagine a new driver learning a manual. It only does this for a mile or so. Also, sometimes when going between 3rd and 4th, there is a moderate to loud pop. (Buddy of mine thought we hit something one day)

I am pretty much getting fed up with it already. I have to wait until later this week to take it back to them and sit there and wait and wait. Anyone else having similar issues and had them resolved?

Quick Reply: Getting irritated with transmission