Topic Sponsor
3.5L EcoBoost Engine Discuss the 3.5L EcoBoost engine.

Ford tuning for EcoBoosts

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 07:56 PM

Received 348 Likes on 234 Posts

http://m.leftlanenews.com/ford-racin...g-in-2015.html

Ford has announced plans to offer aftermarket tuning for its full range of EcoBoost engines.

The company suggests the EcoBoost engines have been factory tuned to balance fuel efficiency with power density, but existing technology -- direct injection, variable cam timing and turbocharging -- can easily be tweaked via software management as an inexpensive way to increase horsepower and torque output.

Ford Racing has already developed a programming handset for the Focus ST's 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine, along with the Fiesta ST's 1.6-liter EcoBoost mill. The ProCal tool, which costs $595, can be used to modify throttle response, idle speed, turbo wastegate control, fuel curves and spark timing.

"While these settings should be modified only within recommended limits, the resulting performance gains with Ford-tested programs can be impressive," the company said in a statement. "Focus ST owners, for example, can expect up to a 90 lb.-ft. increase in torque - all while maintaining the Ford-backed limited warranty."

The Mustang's 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine is naturally the next powerplant on the tuning list, with a product expected to arrive on the market by the end of next year.

Last edited by GriffFX4; 12-23-2014 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:29 PM

Received 570 Likes on 473 Posts

Sub'ing

This seems very similar to the partnership they had with Roush on the performance pack. Roush provided the tunes and programmer with a few bolt ons. Roush backed the warranty too if my memory is correct.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:19 AM

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

I haven't seen anywhere this includes the 3.5L Ecoboost engine in our trucks.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:33 AM
Wyatt

Received 163 Likes on 136 Posts

^Last time I went to Ford to get my free oil change....I asked about the 3.5TT in the new Lincoln and if Ford was going to possibly reflash for the upgrade in performance? You know like they did with the Powerstroke. Of course I got the ...we'll keep you posted!? :doubtful:

Quick Reply: Ford tuning for EcoBoosts