Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

wiper motor location

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiper motor location

Hi guys,Im new here just bought my first Ford 4x4 its a 93 reg cab.302 EFI dont know much about Fords,so Im trying to gather all the info I can. The truck isnt to bad will be a great fixer upper.The main thing I have to fix first is the wiper motor.Did some reading in the forums and one guy said he had an 89 and it was under the cowl another guy had a 92 and said it was right on the firewall..Looked at mine and I think its on the firewall (drivers side kinda towards the middle)..not for sure tho.Any advise will help before I start takin stuff off lol...Like I said im new to Fords,EFI and all this newer stuff. Just used to poppin a hood and just seein a motor not used to all the hoses wires etc.Im sure I will have alot more questions and posts as I get the truck they way I want it( 6" suspension 3" body and some meats near future )
Thanks..uwood
Old 12-25-2009, 07:42 PM

Hey uwood, just bought a fixer up 93 myself and had to do a wiper motor. Remove the cowl and you will see it on the drivers side...four bolts holding it in I believe. After that, there is one screw into the motor shaft and it comes right out. Good luck.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:50 AM

Pulled the cowl off and peaked underneath it.Seen that it was on the firewall.Got the 3 mounting bolts off and now for the fun part of removing the cowl to get to that screw on the motor shaft..fun fun when its 19 degrees lol
Old 12-26-2009, 12:56 PM

Just replaced my wiper motor. Had to remove cowl to get to the clip that holds the wiper arms to the motor shaft. Before mounting the new motor, reattach wiper arms and clip. Much easier to put clip on.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:37 PM

thanks outlaw...hey does that clip just pull out?

Quick Reply: wiper motor location