Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Windshield Wiper Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 10:25 PM
BLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Wiper Problem

Hi, can anybody tell me what's wrong with my wipers. I've got an '89 F150 and the wipers only work on hi. If you put it on the low spot they stop dead in their tracks. I think it might have a delay too because you can twist the **** to the left (past the off position) into an adjustable spot. It doesn't work there either and it doesn't say anything about wiper delay but I don't know what else it could be. So, does anybody know what might be wrong? Is the switch broken maybe. And what about a wiper delay? Do you think it's got it?

Thanks in advance
Old 02-05-2011, 11:00 PM

i had a similar problem on mine, only it wouldnt work on the intermittent. i changed the motor, switch, and finally fixed it with a regulator, thats what i would call it. it was a pain to get to behind the fuse panel. and they are pricey, luckily i found one on ebay. good luck
Old 02-06-2011, 05:32 PM
BLS

Originally Posted by johnson83
i had a similar problem on mine, only it wouldnt work on the intermittent. i changed the motor, switch, and finally fixed it with a regulator, thats what i would call it. it was a pain to get to behind the fuse panel. and they are pricey, luckily i found one on ebay. good luck
Thanks, I'll look into that.

Quick Reply: Windshield Wiper Problem