Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

windshield washer pump problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 02:15 AM
Proud Owner of a FORD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windshield washer pump problems

this is not like the most terrible thing in the world, but i live in Indiana and the roads here SUCK. so i want the washer pump to work. i bought a new motor that goes into the reservoir itself. to me it seems there is supposed to be some kind of connector that fits into that pump/motor to make the motor turn on to push the fluid through the line. i cannot find the connector, if there is one??. does anyone have a picture of theirs or anything that could help me figure out how this is supposed to be set up? any and all advice would be amazing. 1990 XLT Lariat
Old 01-19-2010, 06:27 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

The pump inserts into the tank, held in place with clip, a rubber line for the fluid to go to the nozzles and an electric plug. Sorry no PICS. If every thing is connected as described, check for power and ground at the electric plug.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:18 AM
Proud Owner of a FORD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have almost all of those things. lol ...I do not have the wiring connected. I cannot seem to find it. there are three SMALL wiring harnesses coming off of one HUGE wiring harness that runs to the front of the truck.

-Headlamp Bulb
-Turning Light Bulb
-Something that i have no idea what it is. (looks aftermarket, spliced with black tape)

I was thinking that third one was my problem. like it should be where that connector is for the washer pump, but instead they cut it and are using it for something else. I will take a picture and post it of how mine is set up for anyone who might need one.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Springer Spaniels Rule

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

They probably tried to use an aftermarket pump, to make sure put tester on the leads and press the washer switch.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:50 PM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

Washer pump wires are black and black/white.

Quick Reply: windshield washer pump problems