Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

where can i find and actual train horn/whistle

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 07:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default where can i find and actual train horn/whistle

i really wanna get a train horn or whistle or whichever is loudest and put it on my truck and wire it to a switch or maybe one of the buttons on the steering wheel.. help me out here please. and i dont want some semi horns or anything i want an actual train whistle. where would i find one of these, and how could i hook it up/mount it? would i need a compressor and how big of one? thanks.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:49 AM

Received 241 Likes on 174 Posts

http://www.hornblasters.com/
Old 10-19-2011, 09:12 AM
lost my Car again...

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

i don't know about you but i'm thinking of getting a cruse ship horn on my truck because i want people to vear off the road from the noise

almost had some jack wagon drift into my side because he was eating a cheese burger while texting. i floored it past him let my tail pipe do the talking
Old 10-19-2011, 09:54 AM

Received 502 Likes on 324 Posts

Default Honk

Originally Posted by lksmith95
i really wanna get a train horn or whistle or whichever is loudest and put it on my truck and wire it to a switch or maybe one of the buttons on the steering wheel.. help me out here please. and i dont want some semi horns or anything i want an actual train whistle. where would i find one of these, and how could i hook it up/mount it? would i need a compressor and how big of one? thanks.
Locomotive horns THE realthing are very hard to come by they are illegal to install on any vehicle opperated on a public roadway. Thay are large air horns and yes you would need a compresser and a large air tank [these things are plumbed with 3/4 in pipe at150psi.] There are comercial horns on the mkt but they are not near as loud. If you are dead set and have the coins google railroad salvage you might luck out.Bubbabud 2011 XLT SC EEEKoboost
Old 10-19-2011, 10:50 AM

Received 1,162 Likes on 647 Posts

I know where they park this puppy at night!
Old 10-19-2011, 12:22 PM

ok.. where are the horns on a train? no reason in particular
Old 10-19-2011, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by bubbabud
Locomotive horns THE realthing are very hard to come by they are illegal to install on any vehicle opperated on a public roadway. Thay are large air horns and yes you would need a compresser and a large air tank [these things are plumbed with 3/4 in pipe at150psi.] There are comercial horns on the mkt but they are not near as loud. If you are dead set and have the coins google railroad salvage you might luck out.Bubbabud 2011 XLT SC EEEKoboost
i know they are illegal.. so are most air horns but i wanna make people **** theirselves when they **** me off, sick of gettin pulled out in front of and then ***** holes slowin down after they pull out in front of me.. ...sick sick sick!!
Old 10-19-2011, 12:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Learn a little patience rather than installing something that turns you into just another jerk like the ones you're upset at.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by fastpakr
Learn a little patience rather than installing something that turns you into just another jerk like the ones you're upset at.
not what i was looking for.. you sound like my grandma
Old 10-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Boiler Maker

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by lksmith95
not what i was looking for.. you sound like my grandma
grandma's are smarter than you may think.

Quick Reply: where can i find and actual train horn/whistle