Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

wet seat belt?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wet seat belt?

I get into the truck today, have not touched it in about a week and put on the seat belt and it is soaking wet. It was wettest from where it was unrolling so it seems like there is water back inside the panel and its soaking into the belt. From the outside of the truck I can not see how the water would get in.. Anyone else had this issue?
Old 11-07-2010, 08:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine has done that before too, and I have never found where the water is coming from. It does it more in the winter (like snow/ice melting and getting in - then after the belt freezes up, it's really fun to get it unrolled)!
Old 11-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Chimp Racing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check the runoff channels above your door? i figure a little rust spot that has a hole could let water in there. especially, like [B]aliens[B] said, it's more that way in the winter. so melting snow on your roof has a steady, and slow water flow and hits that and viola! water in your rear panel.

at least this is my logic since the channels are notorious for rust..
Old 11-08-2010, 04:28 AM

Received 212 Likes on 192 Posts

^ +1 - used to have a wet driver-side belt after every rain. Rain gutters had a pretty fair amount of rust. After the bodywork / paint job - not wet anymore.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i dont notice mine being wet, but it will freeze in the winter, also the carpet on the drivers side is wet, no holes in the floor and i've soaked it with the hose and nothing, put a HUGE glob of silicone in the channel under the trim and it seemed to work, now there is another wet spot in the same area, appears its coming from the top of the door since its "uphill" from the door jam, but none of the weatherstripping or trim is wet, this winter i'm gonna tear apart the entire interior and figure this out and replace the carpet with rubber while i'm at it
Old 11-08-2010, 09:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a similar problem although it wasn't my belt that was getting wet. The gasket under the bed light on the back of the cab failed letting water in.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Chimp Racing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this would also be a solution to the problem. actually, an addition to the solution. check all of your seals since just about every rear seal (rear window, cargo light, and drain channels) could fail and let water in. they all lead to the same place sine we have all the metal trim that has a lip at the bottom which would act like a channel like the one on the top of your cab and direct water in to your seatbelt compartment. either side, depending on which side leans with the slope etc.. hope this helps!

Quick Reply: wet seat belt?