Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Website going up

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 04:44 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Default Website going up

Hi guys,
Just getting started on building a website. Eventually it will involve selling parts but we're working on getting useful info up. Couple of pages up now - "buying tips" and "what fits". Check it out - fseriesontario.com, there's some interesting bits on there and there'll be more to come. Feedback and constructive criticism is welcome.
The following 6 users liked this post by Chris_1:
94f1504.9l (05-02-2016), BLDTruth (04-29-2016), herbie7 (05-01-2016), LoboMike (04-29-2016), midnightduddie96 (04-29-2016), Rod Wise (05-01-2016) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-29-2016, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Checked it out. Looks great man. Has lots of good info on it
Old 05-01-2016, 09:45 AM

Thanks for the input, guys. It's a start. Figured I'd lay out some troubleshooting tips next, like the starter system, fuel system and the ignition system. Trying to make it a bit of an easy reference source.

Any ideas on other things to cover ?
The following 2 users liked this post by Chris_1:
BLDTruth (05-01-2016), LoboMike (05-01-2016)
Old 05-01-2016, 11:23 AM

Received 489 Likes on 436 Posts

It might not be the most popular topic but one I am currently interested in - how to replace doors, fenders, cowl panel - really a complete guide for total body/cab removal would be awesome. I know you've taken a lot of these trucks apart and there are always little tricks and secrets to getting things apart faster when you've done it a zillion times.

Because I have a fender and a door to replace and I am flying blind
Old 05-01-2016, 11:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey do I get royalties for the use of my truck pic? Just Kiddin!

It looks good so far. Question though,

Do you already have all the troubleshooting tips you need or are you looking to get some from other F150 owners?

For me pics are a very valuable tool in understanding things, are you going to try to include pics with troubleshooting tips if possible?

Thanks for doing this by the way
Old 05-01-2016, 07:08 PM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Can't find it what am I doing wrong ?
Old 05-01-2016, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by fomoco998
Can't find it what am I doing wrong ?
fseriesontario.com should take you right there.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by BLDTruth
It might not be the most popular topic but one I am currently interested in - how to replace doors, fenders, cowl panel - really a complete guide for total body/cab removal would be awesome. I know you've taken a lot of these trucks apart and there are always little tricks and secrets to getting things apart faster when you've done it a zillion times.

Because I have a fender and a door to replace and I am flying blind
The windshield cowl just has screws across the front and down from the top close to the windshield. The antenna cable will just pull off.

For the fender;
Start with the turn signal - 2 screws on top and 2 nuts from the engine side of the rad saddle - either side of the turn signal bulb. That uncover the 2 bolts holding the header panel to the fender.
2 more bolts at the bottom attaching the stone deflector. Couple more up top for the little piece that connects the fender to the rad saddle. Work your way back - one side it's the battery box, solenoid, hood spring, and 2 into the top of the cab, other side it's the coolant bottle bracket, power dist. box, hinge spring, ICM, ground and top bolts. Might have missed 1 or 2 there.
Underneath you've got some regular bolts through the inner fender into the metal fender (think it's 2 on one side, one on the other).
Then a whole bunch of little ones around the lip of the inner fender and under behind the wheel.
One more that you need a really long extension for - you have to open the door 3/4 and peer through from the door panel side of the door.
And one more at the bottom.
Taking a really good look at the fender you have off will help find all the spots.

For the door:
With the fender off, close the door. Undo the bolts into the cab. Grab the hood hinge and door handle and unlatch the door and lift it off. If it's a power door, you have to unhook the wiring first. On the passenger side there are connectors behind the kick plate. On the driver's side you have to unhook all the wires inside the door and pull them out (harness is one piece all the way over to the passenger kick panel connections.
On a manual door, you still have to unhook the speaker and courtesy light if it has one.

Put everything back on in reverse order - line the door up with the cab and make sure it closes nice and fits right. Then line the fender up with the door and the windshield cowl. Gently close the hood and line the front of the fender up so the gap lines up nice with the hood. You might have to do a little adjusting after to get everything perfect but the guys working on the Ford line probably only had 10 minutes to do it so if you plan to take the afternoon you should be able to get it pretty good.

You're right - I should have just made a website page for that; then I could just say "go look here".

Last edited by Chris_1; 05-01-2016 at 10:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BLDTruth (05-01-2016)
Old 05-01-2016, 11:25 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Checked out your site Chris. Looks great! I think you are on track with the tips section. If you organize it by major sections, it will be easier to organize and find information. I've already learned some new things! You might include a classified/swap section, a links section to sites like the OBS on Facebook, YouTube video link sections (might need permissions, I'm not sure) etc...
Old 05-02-2016, 01:47 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It's looking really nice. One thing I had a rough time getting down was the vacuum system, really easy once you understand how everything works and can see where it goes but I'm sure for some (like me originally), it's a little overwhelming haha.

Quick Reply: Website going up