Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Water pump bolt and stud kit 1988 302 EFI w/air

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water pump bolt and stud kit 1988 302 EFI w/air

I need the bolts that hold the water pump and timing chain cover on
Summit set me the wrong ARP set )it was for 86 and earlier) and the Ford dealer couldnt help at all
Summit says they arent available from ARP and Ford says they are made from Unobtanium
3 of the old ones broke so I cant reuse them

HELP
Old 01-08-2009, 03:55 PM

According to Summit the ARP kits are for racing applications and will not fit OEM
That would have been useful information last week
According to them you have to get the proper bolt from a hardware store after finding out what bolts are needed ie length, thread pitch etc.

SHEESH
Old 01-08-2009, 05:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm going through the same thing!!! i never thought i'd here another guy try to put arp's on a truck. i bought some polished 12 pts for my engine and they don't fit, I called arp, same thing, there not for fuel injection engines, BUT they said if i write down what i need and ship back what doesn't fit the would exchange them, takes 2-3 weeks. I've got all the stock stuff from a 96 if you want them.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:41 AM

Thanks Dixie I would love them
You have a PM

When I called Summit they called ARP and then I called ARP and all they told me was they wouldnt fit and made no offer to send the correct thing
If you get part numbers or any other way to order the bolts and studs from them let me know
I bet we are not the only ones to have this problem. The tech guy at Summit said it was the 4th time he had told the person who answers the phone and maybe they should put some kind of disclaimer in their catalog both paper and online

Ya think

Quick Reply: Water pump bolt and stud kit 1988 302 EFI w/air