Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Warn Manual Hub Install-Observations

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 11:54 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Warn Manual Hub Install-Observations

Installed my new Warn manual locking hubs today, I googled as much info as I could before tackling the job but found out a few things that I either missed or just overlooked. The install is fairly easy, that is if you have all the right tools and parts. anyway here was the things that made this an all day event.

My truck is a 1995 Flareside 4X4 regular cab, build date 10/94

There are a couple of different seals depending on build date,
Timken 710430 is for after 4/95, a Timken 4250 worked for the earlier build date, most of the local part stores computers show only what works on the later build dates and their computers indicate the 4250 doesn't even fit. smart computers.

The build date also affects the bearings, I initially bought new ones but they were wrong and mine just needed repacking. I am not sure what part number works for this.

The picts and install information indicated that if you have the 3 screw cap on you automatics you will need the conversion kit, I used the mile marker kit as it was a little cheaper than the warn, part number 9532720.

Warn hub part number (standard ones) 9790.

None of the info I read or any instructions I had indicated that all existing stuff once removed was not going to be reused, as I said maybe I overlooked that part but spent a little time trying to figure out if anything was needed, I finally realized nothing is reused.

the stock locking nut takes a 2 1/2" socket, I did find this info but there are others that indicated a couple of other sizes, just not sure which ones they would be used for

the new locking nuts take the 4 prong 2 1/4 socket

hopefully this helps someone else in the future.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:24 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Good info man

Quick Reply: Warn Manual Hub Install-Observations