Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Vacuum hose into the cab

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 02:38 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Vacuum hose into the cab

Where does Vacuum come into the cab? HVAC duct selector is not working (A/C comes on, heat comes on, Defrost comes on, but it only blows out the defrost)
Old 03-21-2011, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Passenger side, left of the heater hoses, there's a bundle of them running into the firewall.

The one with arrows pointing to it is the one that usually rots off. Unwrap the tape on the bundle and pull th hose out until you get to the non-rotted part. Cut the rotted part off, and replace it with some rubber hose from your local auto parts store. I think mine was marked as windshield washer fluid hose.

Last edited by shroomie; 03-21-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by shroomie
Passenger side, left of the heater hoses, there's a bundle of them running into the firewall.

The one with arrows pointing to it is the one that usually rots off. Unwrap the tape on the bundle and pull th hose out until you get to the non-rotted part. Cut the rotted part off, and replace it with some rubber hose from your local auto parts store. I think mine was marked as windshield washer fluid hose.
Thanks but that white one doesn't actually feed everything else does it? I imagine that comes from some control and vaccumes back out to adjust the heat. Ahh but if it looses vacuum, it could cause the whole interior system to collapse. I see.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:20 PM

Found it, there is a black one that appears to feed several things. It was disconnected from the box on the right side of the heater core, or AC condensor. Now to find my parasitic battery drain on circuit 8 (fuse panel) that is some how feeding the radio and windshield wipers. I am wondering if I don't plain have a bad ignition switch and someone half way rigged something together.

Quick Reply: Vacuum hose into the cab