Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Ugh Oh! I need help! My truck won't move!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Ugh Oh! I need help! My truck won't move!!!!!

Hey,
My truck is a 1993 Ford F150 XLT with the 5.0, E40D and 4x4 as well. I made an earlier post on thinking I had a bad rear end but now I have a worse problem. I drove the truck all evening today and it ran fine. Once I came to a complete stop at the end of my road and went to take off again, I pushed the throttle like normal and it was like I was in neutral. The truck revved to about 3000RPM and I was wondering wtf was going on? Then all of a sudden BAM; the truck caught the drive gear, went a couple of feet like normaly at normal RPM's then it was back to neautral again for a second then BAM, hit Drive again. I had to drive home in gear 2, because it was the only gear that would work normally. When I got home I started to play around and found out reverse is just fine, but D is horrable. It will rev up, then catch, slip out and rev again, then catch, go a couple more feet then rev up like neutral then catch again and so on. If I put it in number 2, the truck will move fine, but it obviously won't shift out because I can't or the next one is D. Number 1 is very sluggish and will hardly move the truck on take off for some reason. This all happens in 2wd or 4. Also, if I'm in Drive and the truck is reving and I shove the throttle to the floor for a second I can feel the truck starting to just creep forward but a effing baby could crawl faster. I really need a soloution to this. Someone said it might be my tourqe converter but I'm not sure. For some more info, my truck shifted real hard before that too, from 1st to second and second to third. and Reverse was HORRABLE. It would take like ten seconds then finally BANG; reverse. Anyway, this is long but I had to get it all explained. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks ahead of time!
Old 11-22-2008, 07:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Time to drop it off at your local transmission shop, I think. Maybe check around for a good deal on a replacement tranny too (might be cheaper than what the shop will want to rebuild it).

Quick Reply: Ugh Oh! I need help! My truck won't move!!!!!