Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Two face 91 F150 build thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 11:01 PM
Maybe to many trucks?

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Two face 91 F150 build thread

Ok so hopefully this will be the last build thread I start but this is probably our last F150 for a while (unless I find a 53 and 69).

This one we call Two Face by looking at the pics you probably will be able to tell why but if not it is because the truck has a blue and white like dad's 90 F150 just opposite on one side and red and white like brother's 91 F250 on the other side.

We got two face in a trade that also included a 93 town car (dad fell in love with), and a 95 F250 in trade for a 84 Bronco II that was my beater trail truck.
I originally had plans to use it as a parts truck for the other trucks but brother pleaded to join the bricknose family that me, my dad, and my brother had. Well after coming to a decision that his current truck (ranger) would become another beater for us we told him we would help him bring the poor truck back to life.

Two face is a 91 F150 4x4 300 I6 M5OD 3.55 open diff super cab short bed XLT Lariat truck that has seen better days in my opinion.

The problems are when we got it (most are still present):
starter bendix isn't throwing out just spins
oil pan gasket is shot. Truck came with a new fel pro one that brother will install hopefully soon
No muffler exhaust just dumps under cab. Don't even think their is a cat.
dent in the bed that is pretty bad.
Engine looked like somebody poured tar all over it (brother got it cleaned up some)
seats weren't bolted down
steering is sloppy as hell (have a new steering gear box)
when you turn the steering wheel the coulum falls (going to get a used non tilt colum with keys)
dad lost the key to the ignition
thermostat housing is bolted using battery terminal bolts and lug nuts
some of the panels got hacked up.

Other then that the rest of the body was fairly straight, it was a bricknose with some new parts, it is 4x4, and their is a decent chance it runs.

Mods currently on it is:
roll bar (we installed)
rear speakers
cb radio
roof gun rack
seats are custom
shifter **** is painted red
door handles are pieces of rebar (hopefully going to change)
and HID headlight bulbs (not my favorite but brother likes it)
(next post will be planned mods)
Trav
Old 05-28-2015, 11:19 PM
Maybe to many trucks?

The mods planned for old two face are:
33" BFG KO AT tires
install the 15x7 chrome wagon wheels I have 2 sets of on till we can get some wheels like my 88 just with the center black has or the 18" wheels my brother likes
level it with F250 coils or Moog CC844s
new rear leaf springs
full paint job black and grey original style scheme
full brush guard (might have one)
swap in a slightly built 302 (just aftermarket aluminum heads, comp cam, rocker arms, and headers) this is only after the 300I6 goes.
Detroit LS locker
Warn Hubs
Upgrade stereo system
Manual window and door lock swap
gauges as I don't trust the stock ones much
Fix both fuel tanks and try to modify 19 gal rear tank to fit (have one)
tint all the windows
Spray in liner
Dual exhaust out the back with magnaflow mufflers no cats
electric fan
Diamond plate bed caps
Full LED light swap
brother wants a racing steering wheel (Hopefully I can talk him against that)
Saginaw pump swap
and a bunch of lights!
Old 05-29-2015, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know how that tilt column goes! I recently picked up a 91 Regular cab long bed 4x4. Im gonna find a way to modify mine to keep it in one spot.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:14 PM
Maybe to many trucks?

Get a ridged column from a 80-91 Ford truck or bronco. That is the only way to make it ridged.

The only real reason I hate tilt steering is the damn ignition actuator. I have broke 2 in 2 trucks. That is why my 88 has a ridged column and one day all our trucks will have ridged columns.
Trav
Old 06-14-2015, 03:34 PM
Maybe to many trucks?

Brother picked up part of an automatic column should be able to combine the good parts from it with the column in the truck to have on good one.
Trav
Old 07-31-2015, 02:00 AM
Maybe to many trucks?

Picked up a 351W for free that was bored .020 over already but needs to be bored again. If the machine shop gives the ok that it can be bored then me and dad have to decide if the 351W is going in this truck or the mustang and the one in the mustang is going in this truck.

I am hoping that the 351 that I picked up will go in this truck however if it does I have to find a ZF5 as that M5OD is going to detonate.
If I did put it in here it would be a stock build minus headers, 34-255-5 comp cam, and later on heads (brother wants Brodix but I am against their heads).
Trav
Old 07-31-2015, 01:55 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Seems like u got a lot of work ahead of u I'd try to make the 351w work in the truck before the mustang motor . Keep it coming look forward to seeing it finish
Old 08-01-2015, 03:23 AM
Maybe to many trucks?

Mustang motor is a truck motor from an 90 F250. Ya I know I got a lot ahead of me but I have done it on my 88 and doing it on others so I will get it.
Trav
Old 11-22-2015, 07:48 PM
Maybe to many trucks?

Well few updates:
Got a manual transmission column from the junkyard and brother installed it. I have to go back and fix the mess up he had on the igniton switch once I prove to him he did it wrong since I know he did.

The 351 swap isn't happening we are keeping the 6 banger.

The 6 banger turns over but haven't started it yet.

new wiper switch installed.

He got his new stereo sitting in the truck but needs installed.

He needs to get the oil pan gasket installed (I will help him with that once he gets started with it).

Progress has been slow since we aren't in a hurry to do anything yet plus brother is being a bit lazy and he needs to do most of the work (I am willing to help him though) since I am working 35-40hrs a week and tired by the time I get home and I have my own 2 trucks to work on.

I did get him more motivated though now since getting my 300 truck since he likes it.
Trav

Quick Reply: Two face 91 F150 build thread