Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Trying to use codes to find bad sensor throwing numerous codes

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 01:15 AM
American Pride!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trying to use codes to find bad sensor throwing numerous codes

Im usually hang around 87-96 section but 96's are ob11 and not alot of info on them there for the ob11's. To make along story short I just about sank the truck accidently off a hill in a pond and it sucked water while it was running. I changed all fluids and pumped all water out of cyliders and let it dry out for a week. It runs but it has a weak idle sometime and has a rough acceleration and seems to be a little week at low rpms. Its throwing codes:p0153-02 circuit slow response bank2 sensor1
p1150-lack of upstream oxygen sensor switch-adaptive fuel limit-bank02
p0133-02 circuit slow response bank1sensor1
p0401-egr flow insuffient
p1130-lack of upstream heated oxygen sensor switch-adaptive fuel limit-bank1
p1131-lack of upstream heated oxygen sensor switch- sensor indicates lean-bank1
p1152-lack of upstream heated oxygen sensor switch- sensor indicates rich-bank2

im thinking its the mass air flow sensor sending false signals and I have taken it out and cleaned a couple times with the proper cleaner but no difference has been made. The elements in the sensor look in good shape, none look like they are damaged. But i know they get very hot while the engine is running to be able to read correctly and Im just wondering since it sucked water and it did get wet while it was hot that it might have damaged them. Im just trying to keep from buying a pile of expensive sensors and it not fix the problem. I have actually unplugged the mass air sensor and it doesnt seem to make alot of difference. Also my speedo jumps up to 20 mph when the truck starts and then starts working fine after getting over that speed. And I did replace the vss in the rear differencial and it made no difference. The 4high locks in fine(electronic shift on the fly) but it wont let me go into 4low and im guessing thats because the speedo is reading 20mph and the manual says it wont let it go in unless im going under 3 mph. I know this is a long write up but Im at a dead end unless I start replacing expensive sensors one after the other until something finally fixes it. know one seems to be able to help me yet and I would greatly appreciate any info and reply's. Thank you again for any help. Ive been dealing with this for 3 or 4 weeks. If not I guess Im going to have to bite the bullet and bring it in the dealership and I hate not being able to work on it on my own since the dealers just seem to replace sensors until it fixes the problem and they charge for evry one they replace whether they were the issue or not and ocourse labor is included.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:20 AM
American Pride!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I meant to post this in the 97 and later models. sorry fellas but hey if you can help please reply.

Quick Reply: Trying to use codes to find bad sensor throwing numerous codes