Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

True duals on 1995 F150 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 09:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default True duals on 1995 F150 5.0

What problems will I run into adding long tube headers and true dual exhaust to my 1995 F150? Any advise is appreciated. What brand headers are y'all using and are there any brands that fit better than others?
Old 09-25-2016, 09:26 AM

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

clearances are the biggest issue, and installing them. Headers will likely require jacking up one side of the engine and then the other, and loosening and removing components to get things set. Starter may need to be removed and reinstalled with the header to get it in place. It all depends on what brand and style/length you buy.

It has been a few years since I bought headers, so you will need to see if others have more current information. I always bought name brand and coated headers...did not make them easier to install all the time, but they lasted and the company was great with fitment info on the front side. Honest at least.

True duals will also have fitment/clearance issues, as well as 02 sensors and their hubs, assuming you go back with them...I would. Good hangers are a must, as well as someone who can bend pipe. You can usually make the aftermarket stuff work, with a cutter and a welder, but I expect better than most of the install I have seen. Tips will be expensive as well. Cats will be another item to look at, and whether your state requires them.

Inspections in your state?? TN not so interested in them where we live. BUt my truck would not be legal in VA, where I used to live, just because how the pipes are placed.

For example. When I look the truck from the rear, I expect my tips to be equal distant from a center line in the bumper and equal distant down from the bumper.

and so on
best of luck
Old 09-25-2016, 06:53 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Biggest issue is the additional cost to DEGRADE performance. A good clean single system will outperform hackassed duals on our trucks. Its just too unequal to get any true gains.

Quick Reply: True duals on 1995 F150 5.0