Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Truck will not turn over from ignition, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Truck will not turn over from ignition, please help!

I have a '93 f-150 and I'm having problems. The truck will not turn over from the ignition. My first step was to try replacing the starter solenoid, didn't solve anything. Also, the starter itself is brand new in it. Battery is good. I can jump it off the starter solenoid, but if anyone has any input let me know! Oh, off topic, I replaced my front axle outer u-joints, and now my truck really seems to be pulling to the right, any thoughts?

Thanks.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:32 PM
BLS

Had the same problem on my '89. Had to adjust the ignition switch on the steering column. It just wasn't getting pushed far enough. I'll bet you have a similar problem. On mine you drop the column down so you can see the switch. (The switch is on top and moved by a long rod that's connected to the key/lock cylinder.) I loosened the switch and slide it forward a little. If yours is the same and this doesn't work you might need to replace the switch. Hope this helps.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:54 PM

if your truck is a manual the clutch sensor could be bad. i am having the same problems in my 92 f150 and im sure thats whats wrong with it. good luck fixing it

Quick Reply: Truck will not turn over from ignition, please help!