Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

truck dies - need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 11:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default truck dies - need help

I have a 95 with the 5.0L. It started dying while driving when I would come to stops. Then it started dying while I was just slowing down. Sometimes it starts right back up. Other times I have to floor it and rev the crap out of it, and sometimes repeat the whole process, before it acts right. It also stumbles on acceleration right after this problem started. The problem seems worse now after the truck sits a while, but that could be coincidence.

I replaced the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filer, and idle air motor. Seems to run better but the problem remains.

Anyone have ideas? I read a couple previous links but they didn't seem to narrow the problem down exactly.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:41 AM
FORDZILLA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my truck did the same thing when i bought it i just changed the plugs, wires, cap and rotor drained all the oil and flushed the radiator, then went out and bought a new ignition coil, now it seems to run alot smoother
Old 01-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Ford Truck Lover

Received 748 Likes on 457 Posts

I'd have your ECM checked.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Feeling my way through

Originally Posted by bellj
I have a 95 with the 5.0L. It started dying while driving when I would come to stops. Then it started dying while I was just slowing down. Sometimes it starts right back up. Other times I have to floor it and rev the crap out of it, and sometimes repeat the whole process, before it acts right. It also stumbles on acceleration right after this problem started. The problem seems worse now after the truck sits a while, but that could be coincidence.

I replaced the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filer, and idle air motor. Seems to run better but the problem remains.

Anyone have ideas? I read a couple previous links but they didn't seem to narrow the problem down exactly.
What have you got for error codes? Maybe it's the TPS or EGR valve?
Old 01-17-2008, 01:29 PM

if i were u id check the distributer and the battery and even the alternater if ur batterny is low and u are at a stop the trauck will die its happened to me and id even check the ground if u have a messed up ground that could be it are all ur truck electronics working?

Quick Reply: truck dies - need help