Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Touch-up paint!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 10:17 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Touch-up paint!

I have a darker red ( Not maroon) Eddie bauer edition F150. The previous had gotten the truck keyed down the side, and I am lookin for like a touch up pen or spray or something to fix this. I understand scratches don't matter and it's a truck let it do what it suppose to, but I want to protect as much of the resale value as I can for when I sell it to upgrade in a couple of years.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmbeebe0722
I have a darker red ( Not maroon) Eddie bauer edition F150. The previous had gotten the truck keyed down the side, and I am lookin for like a touch up pen or spray or something to fix this. I understand scratches don't matter and it's a truck let it do what it suppose to, but I want to protect as much of the resale value as I can for when I sell it to upgrade in a couple of years.
Have you tried waxing the truck? That alone will sometimes reduce the visual impact of a scratch. Perhaps post some pictures of the part that got keyed. Unless your paint is already really bad, a botched pain touch-up or paint job could do more to hurt than to help the resale value.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all the parts stores n wallyworld have it.

Quick Reply: Touch-up paint!