Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Starting and Radio problems

Old 10-01-2014, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting and Radio problems

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble with my truck. So here's what's happening:

I just got a new battery and it started right up the first time. I cut my truck off and then tried to hook up my new radio. (All I had to do was hook it up, I soldered everything already). So I managed to get power to the radio but no sound came out, it said it was playing the cd but still nothing. After many attempts of trying to get it to start I decided to check the fuse box to look for any blown fuses. I noticed that two relays were extremely hot. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I figured it's worth a shot. Here's a picture:
Attached Thumbnails Starting and Radio problems-image-1796451660.jpg  
Old 10-01-2014, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also the truck will start if I let it sit for an hour or so, but when I try again, it won't start at all.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:53 PM
1994 F150 XLT 5.8L 2wd

Received 247 Likes on 237 Posts

For the no sound issue: check for something grounding out, most common problem with no sound besides the HU being bad, or improperly connected. When the HU powers up do you hear any noise initially, maybe a pop?

Pull your codes, seems to me I've read quite a few posts about not starting when warm but most of those involve the engine cutting out, problem is usually PIP sensor or ignition coil, but without the cutting out I'm not sure if this is the same issue and just hasn't advanced that far or something totally different.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Starting and Radio problems