Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Snorkel idea

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 09:50 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Lightbulb Snorkel idea

ok, so with this recent hurricane moving through the area, i got to thinking about a snorkel for the truck. I know there is a lot more to water proofing a truck, but i just want to focus on the one aspect for now.

The problem that i have found is that there isnt a ready to buy kit for our trucks and i think that the round pvc piping sticking out looks horrible to me.

Not to mention if i am not worried about flooding or not actively looking for some puddles to play in i dont want the tube sticking out all the time.

So here is what i have put together so far.

1. to use square tubing of some sort.
why.... i think that our trucks look boxy with a lot of hard edges and square tubing would look a lot better than round tubing.

2. to make it removable and to make a cover plate to cover the hole in the fender. This way your not stuck with a snorkel on the truck if you dont need one.

i think that once sandy moves out of the area i will go to home depot and see what kind of materials i could use and form a better idea from there.

if you guys got any ideas throw them out here, cause at this point that is what this thread is for..... ideas
Old 10-30-2012, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Making a snorkel really isn't that hard. The hardest part is making everything water tight. Maybe you can adapt a hummer h1s snorkel. I know a few Gus guys who have done it on their wranglers. Check out some jeep forums. There a lot of people have created snorkels. Some may work for you with little modifications.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Okie.

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

They might make one for a bronco then just put it on your truck.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:36 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i have seen some threads of the bronco guys adapting a safari snorkel kit for a land rover and i seen the round pvc versions but i just dont like those. plus i want to see if i can also make it removable.

Quick Reply: Snorkel idea